Sunday, May 28, 2006

Storytellers

I've always enjoyed a good story. And listening to one in song is no exception. James Taylor is a fine storyteller through music and lyrics. I didn't really listen much to James as a teen or young adult, but as I got a bit older, his music began to appeal to me more. Clay Aiken seems to appreciate James Taylor and has incorporated Taylor songs into his tours. Clay also has the beginnings of being a wonderful storyteller. He sings to you, not at you. He brings you into his story. Here are a couple of videos, one of James Taylor singing Sweet Baby James and one of Clay Aiken singing Sweet Baby James. Each different, each beautiful. Enjoy.

James Taylor - Sweet Baby James...


Clay Aiken - Sweet Baby James...

~video by Spotlightlover


Technorati Tags:

5 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger Invisible926 said...

I really enjoyed this blog. I was a huge fan of James Taylor when I was in college. It was great seeing that concert footage of him.

That Clay guy sings pretty good too.

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved when Clay sang SBJ always. His voice was just so incredible when he sang that song.

I have always enjoyed James Taylor also....but after Clay covers a song I only want to listen to his version *g*

toni7babe

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Allegra said...

I love Clay singing James Taylor. I'm kind of hoping "Carolina On My Mind' is on the CD. :)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

I've seen James Taylor in concert 3 times. He is awesome. I was thrilled when Clay did a medley of his songs. I've always thought he would sound great singing "Shed A Little Light". Maybe some day.

 
At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... LOVE the comparisons. I adore James Taylor. And well, I kinda like that Clay Aiken guy too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home